Eco-Experience: Self-guided Waiorua Half Day Trip
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Paraparaumu Beach
- Product code: SGTW01
This is a great option if you’re looking for a slightly shorter day trip with a more gentle hill climb.
This tour will take you to Waiorua, at the North End of Kapiti Island. Here the tracks are gentler, with options of a 2 hour coastal walk or a 2.5 hour hill loop to enjoy great views of the rugged northern coast line. This is ideal for those who want a less demanding walk, with great views and varied landscapes and habitats.
Please note: the coastal walk is generally closed between 1 October & 31 March due to nesting seabirds.
You will have around 4.5hrs on the island.
WHAT TO BRING
- A water bottle
- A packed lunch (unless you order one from us!)
- Sturdy footwear - sneakers, hiking boots or sport sandals
- A sunhat & jacket - suitable clothing for changeable weather conditions
- Your camera!
WHERE TO MEET
Check in at 29 Marine Parade, Paraparaumu Beach, 20 - 40 minutes before your tour start time.
If you're looking for an all inclusive option check out our guided day tours.